If you want to enter in Nepal by land, you can get here from India and Tibet. From Tibet, you have to cross the border at Kodari and take a bus to Kathmandu. It takes about 7-8hours drive to reach Kathmandu. From India, you have to take a train from Gorakhpur and from Sunauli/Belahiya border, then take a bus to your destination. To enter in Nepal, some other borders of India includeBirjung/Rakshaul, Kakarvittabut there are also others.
- The only international airport in Nepal is the Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. There are several airlines that fly to Nepal. See the lists of those airlines:
- Thai Airways International operates daily flight between Bangkok and Kathmandu.
- Qatar Airways flies daily between Doha and Kathmandu with connecting flights to/from Europe and America.
- Gulf Air has daily flight between UAE and Kathmandu with connecting flights to/from Europe and America.
- Air China flies between Lhasa, with connecting flights to/from mainland China.
- Austrian Airlines fly between Vienna and Kathmandu once a week.
- Indian Airlines have frequent flights between Delhi, Calcutta and Kathmandu.
- Turkish Airlines fly directly from Istanbul to Kathmandu.
Nepal Airlines fly -
- between Hong Kong and Kathmandu.
- between Bangkok and Kathmandu.
- between Singapore and Kathmandu via Bangkok.
- between Osaka and Kathmandu via Shanghai.
- between Delhi and Kathmandu.
- between Bombay and Kathmandu.
Beside these, there are Biman Bangladesh, Jet Airways, Pakistan Airlines, connecting Kathmandu with many countries.