The Upper Mustang Trek is in the rural part of western Nepal, connected to the Tibetan terrain. It is a dry land, but full of flowers and wonderful rock formations. It is a prohibited area, which needs special permission to enter in this area. Upper Mustang Trekking was opened in 1992, and was used to be the caravan route to trade with the Tibet.
The undisturbed land of the former Lo Kingdom is surrounded by the caves and desert landscape. It is situated in the rain shadow area, so it rains very little. For this reason, the monsoon is also a suitable time to trek in the Upper Mustang. In fact, Upper Mustang Treks can be done all the seasons of the year. The trek begins from Jomsom, which is the headquarters of the Mustang region. After crossing different ethnic villages, you can reach to Lo-Manthang, a main attraction of the Upper Mustang trek. It is surrounded by a long stone wall. Ancient monasteries and palaces are preserved within. Also, several different caves are found in this area. Trekkers typically take a day rest to explore the Lo-Manthang. Local people are influenced by Tibetan Buddhism. Trekkers will find witness stoupas, Mani walls, chhortens, and old monasteries. Locals also celebrate various festivals. Tiji festival is one of the charming festivals in Upper Mustang. After the exploration in Lo-Manthang, you trek back all the way to Jomsom and fly to Pokhara. This is an amazing cultural trek in the Upper Mustang. It is possible to do trek in Upper Mustang all-year around, though it is recommended to go in the Spring and Autumn.
Ascent Holidays arranges Upper Mustang Trek with professional guide and suitable itinerary. Please, feel free to contact us for more detailed information about the trek.
1. Pic up and drop from airport by private car.
2. English speaking Sherpa Trekking guide .
3. Three night hotel kathmandu and pokhara with B.B Plan .
5. All the Accommodation during trek .
7. Government paper work tims, permit , Tax , vat
8. Entry permit for Upper mustang .
9. Shightseeeing kathmanudu valley .
10. Government licence holder tour guide for kathmandu
1. Your personal expenses money .
2. Your travel insurence.
3. Alcohalic, Beer , coca cola, Marsbar, etc.
4. Entry fee while touring in kathmandu .
5. Lunch and Dinner while in kathmandu .
6. Extra day in trek and extra night hotel .