The Embassy of Nepal issues tourist, diplomatic and official visas according to the Immigration rules and regulations of Nepal. The applicant must fill in the information requested in the application form. It is the right of the Government of Nepal to grant or not to grant visa to any foreigner.
1. Requirements for Tourist Visa:
Note: Applicants are required to send prepaid return envelope with tracking number to return passport/s. Embassy is not responsible for any undelivered passport/s because of the insufficient postage, a weak envelope to bear up the load and other incidents occurred during handling of the documents by couriers/post.
2. Visa application can be submitted in person from 10 am to 12:30 pm in the Embassy on weekdays except public holidays.
3. Visa fees:
4. Visa once issued cannot be withdrawn and visa fee cannot be refunded. It must be used within six months from the date of issue.
5. It takes five business days to issue visa after the application is received by the Embassy.
6. The Consulate General of Nepal in New York also issues tourist visas. Applicants are requested to contact the consulate in the following address;
Consulate General of Nepal
820 Second Avenue, Suite 17 B
New York, NY 10017.
Tel:(212) 370 3988/89 Fax: (212) 953 2038
(If you are applying at the Consulate, the money order should be made payable to “Permanent Mission of Nepal, New York”.)
7. Those applying from Chicago can contact the Honorary Consulate of Nepal in Chicago in the following address;
Honorary Consulate of Nepal
10 N Dearborn Street, Seventh Floor
Chicago, Illinois 6062
E-mail: [email protected].
Phone 312 263 1250
Fax 312 263 3480
8. Tourist visa may also be obtained at any of the following entry points:
9. Tourists carrying more than 2,000.00 US dollar or equivalent foreign currency are requested to declare in the Custom Declaration Form at the time of arrival in Nepal. Those returning from Nepal with undeclared money exceeding US $ 2,000.00 or equivalent foreign currency may be interrogated for further legal actions in accordance with Foreign Exchange Regulation Act of Nepal.
10. Tourists traveling by car should possess a valid Passage de Carnet